The Chamber Council spent the year of 2017 developing a brand new Advocacy Agenda & Action Plan that will drive the organisation's work for the next three years (2018-2021). It is a living document that will adapt to the needs of the ever-changing community, but the plan will always focus on the following four principal areas:
- Education, Employment & Workforce Development - Economic Growth & Diversification - Regulatory Efficiencies - Community Development
Our aim is to have our members join us in tackling issues, developing strategies, and enforcing actions in each of these four areas, and we encourage anyone and everyone to get active.
The Advocacy Agenda & Action Plan is available to read in its entirety by clicking here. To give you an idea of what our actions are, please see a general overview below.
Education, Employment & Workforce Development
- Strengthen Relationships between students and businesses - Improve early school intervention in numeracy and literacy - Enhance vocational and technical training activities
Economic Growth & Diversification
- Work with partners to innovate, grow and diversify the economy - Support the development of micro and small businesses
- Support the reform of labour and business regulatory systems - Encourage and support the transition to e-government services
- Support beautification and environmental awareness initiatives - Advocate for an increase in crime prevention initiatives - Improve collaboration with industry associations, NGOs and community groups