Cabinet of the Cayman Islands – Post Meeting Summary
His Excellency the Governor Mr. Martyn Roper, OBE, chaired the meeting of the Cabinet held on Tuesday, 2nd November 2021 in the Cabinet Conference Room, Government Administration Building.
All Ministers and Members of Cabinet were present with the exception of Premier, Hon G. Wayne Panton. The Hon Christopher Saunders acted as Premier and Ms. Heather Bodden was appointed as Temporary Minister for the Ministry of Sustainability and Climate Resiliency.
At this meeting Cabinet:
- approved the transmission of the Summary Jurisdiction (Amendment) Bill, 2021 to the House of Parliament for debate;
- approved the renewal of a lease for the Department of Tourism at Cannon Place and waiver of stamp duty;
- approved the renewal of a lease for the Sunrise Adult Training Centre at Block 9A Parcel 273 and the waiver of stamp duty;
- approved the renewal of a lease for the Protocol Office at Block 20C Parcel 148 (PT) and the waiver of stamp duty;
- approved for the Ministry of District Administration and Lands to take no further action in relation to the potential purchase of Block 22E Parcel 373 (Part);
- approved the appointment of the following persons to the Cayman Islands National Museum Board of Control effective immediately until 30th November 2022; Craig Merren – Chair; Susan Arch- Parson – Vice Chair; Theresa Angeline Merren – Member; Pamela Webster – Member; Collen Burke – Member; Sharon Hinds – Member; and Ministry of Culture representative – Chief Officer or designate (non-voting);
- approved the appointment of the following persons to the Cayman National Cultural Foundation Management Board effective immediately until 30th November 2022; Martyn Bould, MBE – Chair; Morgan DaCosta – Deputy Chair; Lorna Reid – Member; Jason Gilbert – Member; Michael Meghoo – Member; J.A. Roy Bodden – Member; Susan Olde, MBE – Member; Carmin Godfrey – Member; Chief Officer for Ministry of Culture or designate (non-voting);
- confirmed approval granted by circulation on 28th October 2021 of the National Policy on the Use of Antigen-Detecting Rapid Diagnostic Tests;
- approved the amended Immigration (Transition) (Global Citizen Exemption) Regulations, 2021;
- approved the purchase of Block 13EH Parcel 166 and waiver of stamp duty;
- approved the revised Phase 4 of the National Plan for Safely Reopening the Cayman Islands and issued directive to Travel Cayman to issue conditional approvals for travellers arriving on or after 20th November 2021 based on the revised Phase 4;
- approved increase of appropriation OE 140 – Supplies and Other Items to Combat COVID 19 via Section 11 (5) and (6) of the Public Management and Finance Act (2020 Revision) by CI$3,000,000 and supported the purchase jointly by the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of District Administration and Lands utilising emergency provisions of the Procurement Act through single source of 1,000,000 lateral flow tests from Crown Agents who are able to provide quality assurance for the tests; and
- approved the:
- termination of the appointment of the following persons from the Health Services Authority Board with immediate effect: Mr. Jaron Leslie – Deputy Chair; Ms. Nanalie Cover – Director; and Tresea Brown – Director.
- appointment of the following persons to the Health Services Authority Board effective immediately until 1st August 2022: Trisha McElroy – Director; and Mrs. Rosie Whittaker Myles – Director.
- appointment of the following persons to the Health Services Authority Board effective immediately until 1st August 2023: Ms. Joy Vernon – Deputy Chair; and Ms. Golda Tatum Carter – Director.
Submitted by: Cabinet Office (CIG)