Post Meeting Summary – 23 November 2021
His Excellency the Governor Mr. Martyn Roper, OBE, chaired the meeting of the Cabinet held on Tuesday, 23rd November 2021 in the Cabinet Conference Room, Government Administration Building.
All Ministers and Members of Cabinet were present with the exception of the Hon Bernie Bush, MP. Mr. Isaac Rankine acted as Temporary Minister for Home Affairs, Youth, Sports, Culture and Heritage.
At this meeting Cabinet:
- approved the Public Recorder (Amendment) Bill, 2022 for publication and presentation to Parliament;
- confirmed approval granted by circulation on 22nd November 2021 for the Ministry of Planning, Agriculture, Housing and Infrastructure under Section 11 (5) and (6) of the Public Management and Finance Act (2020 Revision) to reallocate an additional CI$350,000 from TP 105 – Assistance to Farmers – Tropical Storm Grace to NGS 84 – Cayman Islands Agricultural Society to assist with the importation of livestock;
- approved in accordance with section 159 of the Companies Act (2020 Revision) for Sutherland OP Holdings II, Ltd and Via Victory to make application to the Grand Court for restoration to the Cayman Islands Register of Companies;
- approved the waiver of import duty on building materials imported by Agape Family Worship Centre to facilitate roof repairs at its building on 50 Fairbanks Road;
- approved the National Pensions (Amendment) Act, 2020 (Extension of Pension Holiday) (No.2) Order, 2021 extending the pension holiday period until 31st March 2022;
- approved for the Ministry of Education to transfer funding in accordance with Section 11 (5) and
(6) of the Public Management and Finance Act (2020 Revision), increasing TP 61 – Student Enrichment and Support Services by CI$24,724 and decreasing TP 97 – Education, Agriculture and Land Services – Covid Response and Recovery by CI$24,724;
- approved the following appointments to the Cayman Islands Beautification Committee effective 22nd November 2021 at the pleasure of the Cabinet: Karen Hydes – Chair; Robert Bodden – Deputy Chair; Margely Reve – Member; Edney McLean – Member, Felisiana Ebanks – Member; Omeria Gordon – Member; Nickeah Esteban – Member; Director of Environmental Health or nominee – Member (Ex-Officio); Director of Commerce and Investment or nominee – Member (Ex-Officio); of Royal Cayman Islands Police Service or nominee – Member (Ex-Officio); and Chief Officer for Ministry of Tourism or nominee – Member (Ex-Officio);
- approved the development and submission of an application by the Cayman Islands Government for ‘city status’ for George Town as part of the Civic Honours competition and the demarcation of the Historical Transport and Industry Zone as the city of George Town;
- approved the Public Holidays (No.2) Order, 2021 to designate 3rd June 2022 and 6th June 2022 as public holidays in honour of The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee;
- approved for Holland America Nieuw Statedam cruise ship to call on Grand Cayman on 28th December 2021 subject to conditions set by Cabinet; and
- approved the issuance of an Order pursuant to Section 52 of the Customs and Border Control Act (2021 Revision) to waive import duty on tariff codes: 1901.10.00 – preparations of foodstuff for infant use, put up for retail sail; 9619.00.00 – sanitary towels (pads) and tampons, diapers and diaper liners for babies and similar articles, of any material; 8715.00.00 – baby carriages and parts thereof; 2104.20.00 – food preparations consisting of finely homogenised mixtures of two or more basic ingredients, such as meat, fish, vegetables or fruit, put up for retail sale as infant food or for dietetic purposes; and pursuant to Section 7 of the Customs Tariff Act (2017 Revision) the issuance of an Order to amend Schedule 1 of the Customs Tariff Act (2017 Revision) to give effect to the waiver of duty on the tariff codes.
Issued by: Cabinet Office (CIG)