Cabinet Post Meeting Summary – 28 September 2021
Cabinet Post Meeting Summary of the special meeting held by the Cabinet on 28 September 2021 and published by the Cabinet Office on Wednesday, 6 October 2021.
His Excellency the Governor Mr. Martyn Roper, OBE, chaired the meeting of the Cabinet held on Tuesday,
28th September 2021, in the Cabinet Conference Room, Government Administration Building.
All Ministers and Members of Cabinet were present.
At this meeting Cabinet:
- approved for Bamboo Networks Limited to make an application to the Grand Court for restoration to the Cayman Islands Register of Companies;
- approved the Christmas 2021 stamp issue;
- approved peppercorn lease of Crown property to the Cayman Islands Crisis Centre;
- approved the extension for ban on cruise ships until 31st December 2021 at 11:59 pm;
- approved the addendum to the risk sharing agreement with British Airways;
- approved the waiver of tourist accommodation tax due from all licensed tourism accommodation properties for the period of 1st October 2021 to 31st December 2021;
- approved the following appointments to the Health Practice Commission; Dr. Ruthlyn Pomares – Deputy Chair and Dr. Eugene Foley – Member;
- approved the following appointments to the Electrical Board of Examiners – Carlos Powell – Chair, Walton Gooding – Deputy Chair, Merlin Welds – Member, David Crawford – Member, Timothy Howard – Member, Edlin Moore – Member and Director of Planning or designate – Secretary (non-voting);
- confirmed approval granted by circulation on 24th September 2021 of the Control and Management of Covid-19 (Amendment) Regulations, 2021; and
- approved the Liquor Licensing (Fees) (Amendment) Regulations, 2021; and
- approved the Liquor Licensing (Fees) (Amendment) Regulations, 2021.
Submitted by: Cabinet Office (CIG)