Careers Expo welcomes over 1000 students
The Chamber of Commerce’s 2021 Careers Expo welcomed more than 1000 students and school leavers to the University College of the Cayman Islands (UCCI) Sir Vassel Johnson Hall on Friday, March 5.
38 public and private sector organisations exhibited at the Expo, offering attendees the opportunity to engage with business professionals and discuss scholarship, education, internship, and career opportunities. The Expo, now in its 25th year, was another outstanding success.
“We are delighted with the turnout this year, said President Mike Gibbs. “The Careers Expo gives our members an annual opportunity to meet one on one with students and school leavers. Exhibitors provide information and guidance to the students about what is required to enter their industry sector or business. Education and employment of the next generation is a top priority for Chamber members and the islands in general, so it was fantastic to welcome so many enthusiastic students to the event.
The Careers Expo is the largest annual private sector event of its kind which enables students and the public to meet with leading public and private sector employers and organisations from all industry sectors. Exhibitors showcase career, scholarship, training, tertiary education, internship, work experience and employment opportunities.
His Excellency the Governor Martyn Roper,Hon. Juliana O’Connor-Connolly, Minister of Education, Youth, Sports, Agriculture and Lands, and Lyneth Monteith, Acting Chief Officer, Ministry of Education, Youth, Sports, Agriculture and Lands, attended the event and visited with the various industry representatives. The Education Minister thanked the Chamber for hosting the annual event and exhibitors for investing their time, talent and resources to educate students about the opportunities that are available and what they need to do to achieve success. She stressed the importance of public and private sector collaboration which she believed has helped to make the Cayman Islands one of the best places in the world to live and conduct business.
Some of Cayman’s leading employers participated in this year’s expo:
- Cayman Islands Development Bank (CIDB)
- Cayman Islands Health Services Authority
- Doctors Hospital
- Health City Cayman Islands
- Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa
- Maples Group
- University College of the Cayman Islands (UCCI)
- Workforce Opportunities and Residency Cayman (WORC)
Reception / Opening Ceremony Sponsors:
- Kirk Information Solutions & Services
- SteppingStones Recruitment Ltd.
- Carey Olsen
- Caribbean Utilities Company Ltd.
- Cayman Enterprise City
- Cayman First Insurance
- Cayman Islands Department of Tourism
- Cayman Islands Institute of Professional Accountants (CIIPA)
- Cayman Islands Monetary Authority (CIMA)
- Cayman Maritime
- Cayman National Bank
- Department of Public Safety Communications
- Insurance Managers Association of Cayman
- International College of the Cayman Islands
- National Gallery of the Cayman Islands
- Nova Recruitment / Connect by Nova
- Rawlinson & Hunter
- Rotary Central Cayman Islands
- Rubis Cayman Islands Limited
- The Ritz Carlton, Grand Cayman
- Water Authority – Cayman
- YMCA of the Cayman Islands