Cayman Islands Crisis Centre Announces 6th Annual “A Walk In Her Shoes” event.
The Cayman Islands Crisis Centre (CICC) is has opened registration for the 6th Annual ‘A Walk In Her Shoes’ which will take place from 5:00pm on Thursday 22 April 2021 on Market Street at Camana Bay. This event aims to raise funds and awareness for the Crisis Centre and our mission to end the cycle of domestic violence.
Gentlemen are encouraged to participate to help raise funds for the shelter by wearing heels to ‘walk in her shoes’. Individuals and local companies come together at this event to help raise awareness of the CICC and our continued efforts to provide support for local victims, as domestic violence does not discriminate against age, gender, race, ethnicity, economic status or sexual orientation.
OLEA is our generous sponsor of this event. Quinnessential Movement will be performing as the opening act to the event, with contestants from Miss World Cayman Islands assisting the gentlemen with balancing in their heels. Align is kindly offering donation-based foot rubs for the contestants and there will be drink specials courtesy of Abacus, West Indies Wine Company and Caybrew. There will also be the perfect soundtrack for all gentlemen graciously provided by OneWorld Music.
Michelle Lockwood, CICC Chair of the Fundraising Committee, stated “COVID exponentially affected our fundraising endeavors in 2020 and we are excited to be back (a little later than usual) and we are hoping that donations exceed CI$50,000 which will be used to help operate the ongoing shelter costs. Many fundraising plans had been put on hold last year, however we are still hoping to stay on track for building our purpose built shelter in the next 5 years.”
“Each year we see the participants get more and more creative and use this platform to help raise funds for our shelter”, said Lockwood. “This is a fun and entertaining event for all of the spectators as well.”
How does it work?
- Sign up online as a team or individual – CI$25 (US$30) per person. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register
- Get friends, family and employers to donate to support participants. Sponsor sheet available on www.cicc.ky or attached.
- Each participant will walk a maximum of 5 laps (a minimum of 1 lap).
- For every $150 a participant raises, 1 lap will be removed (ie: if participant raises $450, you only have to walk 2 laps)
- Wear a pair of ladies shoes. The more bling the better!
- Take it up a notch…paint your toes, throw on a wig or show off a dress!
- Get all of your friends to sign up and participate too!
For more information about the Cayman Islands Crisis Centre visit www.cicc.ky. The 24 hour crisis line is always available at 943-CICC (2422).
2019 A Walk In Her Shoes Video – https://youtu.be/pQmk-DEsKv8