Cert. Hons. for Local COVID-19 Heroes
His Excellency the Governor Martyn Roper today (Thursday 31 December 2020) announced the award of a further 26 Certificates and Badges of Honour for outstanding COVID-19 related work.
Mr Roper said: ‘2020 has been a quite extraordinary year and so many people on our Islands have stepped up to support our community. When looking around the world at how the virus is raging, we are blessed indeed to be largely COVID-free apart from a small number of returning travellers, all in 14 days of isolation to manage any risk.
I awarded a number of Certificates and Badges of Honour earlier this year. I am now pleased to make a number of New Year awards for the many people across our community who played a significant role in the battle against the virus. These awards focus on persons involved in healthcare, teaching and procurement of our test kits.
This is a larger number of awards than in the past reflecting the unprecedented nature of the global pandemic and the outstanding contribution of so many individuals.
I am therefore pleased to announce awards to the following individuals in recognition of their exceptional service to our community during this pandemic:
For meritorious services rendered during the COVID Pandemic:
For meritorious services to education
- Cayman Islands Further Education Centre Dual Entry Student Liaison/Literacy Specialist – Lorna Blackman
- Department of Education Services Head of Business Services – Mark Ray
- East End Special Educational Needs Coordinator – Troy Rodgers
- Edna Moyle Primary School Counsellor – Amy Hunt
- George Town Primary School Assistant Teacher Year 4 (1:1) – Briana Welds
- Lighthouse School Teacher – Carolyn Powell
- Deputy Principal Red Bay Primary School – Ryan Dale
- Special Support Aide Sir John A. Cumber Primary School – Esther Rivers
- Special Support Aide Sir John A. Cumber Primary School – Nuvia Manderson
Health Services Authority
- Director of Sister Islands Health Services – Dr Srirangan Velusamy
- Nurse Manager GP Services – Joanna Rose-Wright
- Director of Corporate Services – Douglas Vinton
- Director of Support Services Caswell Walford
- Facilities Manager – Christopher McNamee
- Clinical Head of Department GP Services– Dr Eryka Simmons
- General Practitioner – Dr Ricardo Clarke
- Nurse Manager CCU – Karen Pinnock-Stewart
Procurement of test kits and testing of the public
- Susan Olde, OBE
- Matthew Forbes, OBE
- Vernie Coe
- Craig Merren
- Dr Bella Beraha
- Dr Yaron Rado, Doctor’s Hospital
- CEO– Fabian Whorms
Her Majesty’s Cayman Islands Prison Service
- Director – Steven Barrett
Support for children in need
- Chairperson Feed Our Future – Stacey VanDevelde
The Governor invites members of the community to nominate deserving persons to receive Certificates and Badges of Honour at the Queen’s Birthday Party in June 2021. Names must be submitted before the end of March 2021.