Chamber encourages members and community to observe National Mourning
The Chamber of Commerce encourages its members and the wider community to observe two minutes of National Silence as a matter of respect and remembrance to Her late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II on Monday, 19 September from 12:30 to 12:32 p.m. Many Caymanians and residents share fond memories of her visits and her loyal and dedicated service. Let’s join the world in silent reflection as we cherish the memories of our late Beloved Queen.
- The Cayman Islands will observe National Silence for two minutes on Monday, 19 September from 12:30pm to 12:32pm.
- Following the death of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the Cayman Islands Government invited radio stations across the Cayman Islands to observe two minutes of silence as a mark of respect for the late Monarch at 12:30pm on Monday, 19 September – the day of her state funeral in the United Kingdom.
- Over fifteen radio stations have agreed to silence their airwaves.
- The people of and visitors to the Cayman Islands are encouraged to join in the National Silence on Monday, 19 September at 12:30pm. Whether at alone at home or with family and friends, on their doorsteps, at a public gathering, or at a local hospitality venue, everyone is asked to pause and, if possible, stand at attention for two minutes as we mourn and reflect on the life and legacy of our late Queen Elizabeth II who served on the throne for over 70 years.
- Hotels, restaurants, and other businesses that are operating on the public holiday Monday, 19 September are encouraged to pause operations (turn off ambient music, stop serving food/alcohol, and have wait staff and guests pause) to honour Her Late Majesty.
- The United Kingdom and Overseas Territories are also observing National Silence in tribute to Her Late Majesty.