Chamber Earth Day Cleanup Seeks Volunteers
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Chamber Earth Day cleanup seeks volunteers
Persons of all ages are invited to participate in this year’s Chamber of Commerce Earth Day cleanup which takes place on Saturday, 22 April. Registration is free and the first 2,000 people who register online will receive a custom designed T-shirt and a reusable tote bag while supplies last. Businesses, community groups and schools are encouraged to organize teams and to select a location for the cleanup. Those wishing to register online can do so here: https://web.caymanchamber.ky/events/Earth-Day-Clean-up-2023-Team-Registration-22-April-2023-4144/details. The deadline for registration is Friday 31 March.
‘’Keeping our islands clean and green is everyone’s responsibility,’ says Chamber CEO Wil Pineau. ‘’We are encouraging all residents who care about the environment and want to make a difference in their communities to take a few hours of their time to remove litter from our streets and communities”.
The Chamber has organized this annual community cleanup along with corporate and community partners for 25 years. It is an opportunity for sharing educational information about sustainable environmental and business practices. The Chamber is also sharing tips for reducing your carbon footprint and preserving and protecting marine and natural environments by reducing, reusing, and recycling.
Following the cleanup there will be a brunch for all registered volunteers, sponsored by RBC and the Ministry of Tourism and Ports.
This year’s cleanup is supported by the following corporate partners:
- Major sponsors: Cayman National, Intertrust Group
- Event sponsor: RBC and Ministry of Tourism and Ports
- Promotional sponsor: Digicel and Pestkil Ltd.
- Tote bag sponsors: Rawlinson & hunter. Cayman Water. Aquilae consulting NCB Cayman Limited, Fosters, Walkers Cayman KPMG Water Authority and Rotary Club of Grand Cayman
- T-shirt Sponsors: Carey Olsen, Marsh, CUC, Cayman Turtle Conservation and Education Centre, Public Service Pension Board. Knighthead Annuity & Life Assurance Company, Ampersand life assurance Company. CG Britcay, Cost U Less. Nassau Re. Dart, Mourant Ozannes, Tomlinson Furniture, Creative Tech, Cayman Beautification Committee, Logic Rotary Central.
– ENDS –
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Christopher Tobutt, Communications Assistant, 743-9129
About the Cayman Islands Chamber of Commerce: Established in 1965, the Cayman Islands Chamber of Commerce is a registered not-for-profit organization with a membership of more than 600 businesses and associations across all industry sectors. Its mission is to support, promote, and protect the interests of its members and the public welfare. For more information visit: https://caymanchamber.ky
Volunteers from last year’s Earth Day Clean Up.
Volunteers participating in last year’s Earth Day Cleanup.