Election Day Reminders Issued
The Elections Office has issued reminders to the voting public to ensure voting is a smooth exercise for all electors.
Supervisor of Elections Mr. Wesley Howell reiterates that his office is continuing to work diligently to ensure that the voting process is smooth for every single voter.
He urges electors to exercise their democratic right and cast their ballots, on Wednesday, 14 April 2021- Election Day. “Remember – your vote counts,” he added.
“Polls will open sharply at 7 am across the three islands and close at 6 pm. If there are voters still in line after 6 pm, they will all be able to vote – no one in line will be turned away,” Mr. Howell emphasised. “The Elections Office is fully geared, ready and looking forward to providing efficient service to all voters,” he noted.
The prime reminders to electors from the Elections Office now are as under:
Where to vote:
- Check your polling location on elections.ky or call 949-8047 or 949-6555 (Election day only) for directions to your polling location.
- The polls open at 7am and close at 6pm. Anyone in line at 6 p.m. will be allowed to vote.
- When you come to out to vote, remember to bring your ID and leave your phones
- All postal ballots must be received by the Returning Officer by 6pm on 14 April to be counted.
- The wearing of face masks or coverings is encouraged; however, you will be able to vote if you choose to not wear a mask.
How to vote:
- You can only vote for one candidate in your electoral district.
- If you need assistance in marking your ballot, an Elections Presiding Officer will help. A friend can be present to observe only.
- Wheelchairs will be available at every electoral district. Elderly and special needs voters will be given priority.
- If you were approved for mobile voting and did not vote, you can still vote in person at the polls on Election Day.
No campaigning or adverts on Election day:
- It is unlawful to campaign on Election Day.
- No candidate or party t-shirts are allowed at the polling stations.
- Candidates, agents and canvassers are not allowed to loiter within 300 feet of any polling stations.
- No political announcements, banners, car logos, flyers, bill boards, radio or online media adverts are allowed on General Election Day.
- All political banners and signs must be removed by 12:01 am on Wednesday, 14 April.
Only voters and elections personnel are allowed within the 300-foot exclusion zone at each polling station.
Locations of Polling Stations:
|Electoral District||Polling Location|
|West Bay North||First Assembly of God Church Hall – 100 Finch Drive, West Bay|
|West Bay West||Sir John A Cumber Primary School – 36 Fountain Rd, West Bay|
|West Bay Central||The Church of God at West Bay – Church Hall – 108 Capt. Reginald Parsons Drive, West Bay|
|West Bay South||John Gray Memorial United Church Hall – 26 West Church Street, West Bay|
|George Town North||George Town Primary School – 179 School Rd, George Town|
|George Town Central||Constitution Hall (George Town – Town Hall) – 43 Fort St, George Town|
|George Town West||Cayman Prep School – 242 Smith Road, George Town|
|George Town South||John Gray High School (Formerly GHHS) – 73 Academy Way, George Town|
|George Town East||First Baptist Church Hall – 920A Crewe Rd, George Town|
|Red Bay||Red Bay Primary School – 271 Shamrock Rd, George Town|
|Prospect||Prospect Primary School – 169 Poindexter Rd, George Town|
|Savannah||Joanna Clarke (Savannah) Primary School – 1659 Shamrock Rd, Bodden Town|
|Newlands||International College of the Cayman Islands – 595 Hirst Rd, Bodden Town|
|Bodden Town West||Agricultural Grounds Pavilion – 199 Lottery Rd, Bodden Town|
|Bodden Town East||Theoline McCoy (Bodden Town) Primary School – 64 Condor Rd, Bodden Town|
|North Side||Craddock Ebanks Civic Centre – 923 North Side Rd|
|East End||William Allen McLaughlin Civic Centre – 80 John McLean Drive|
|Cayman Brac West & Little Cayman||West End Primary School – 10 Cotton Tree Bay Rd, Cayman Brac|
|Cayman Brac East||Creek Primary School – 28 Student Drive, Cayman Brac|