- This event has passed.
Coaching Essentials – 27 November 2020
November 27, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
23 Lime Tree Bay Avenue, P.O. Box 1000 Grand Cayman KY1-1102
Coaching Essentials ® is a Training Course using official materials from The Ken Blanchard Companies
The most effective managers and leaders have the qualities of a great coach. Leaders who use coaching skills have more effective teams, grow and retain their key people, and experience higher productivity overall.
Learning to coach requires time and practice, but it will save time by making leaders and employees more successful. These leaders draw out ideas and solutions from their people, collaborating with them rather than solving their problems. They bring just the right amount of directive behaviors to achieve the goal, all the while developing the skills and confidence of their people. This results in more competent and capable people who perform at higher levels over time.
Coaching Essentials® is a skills-based training program designed to help managers and leaders integrate coaching behaviors into their leadership style by understanding the coaching process and developing essential coaching skills that help them develop others.
This means asking instead of telling, drawing out ideas and solutions, collaborating, partnering, and focusing on the development of people by using supportive behaviors and keeping them moving toward organizational objectives.
Participants will learn to:
- Adopt the proper mind-set for coaching
- Increase the quality of conversations
- Accelerate individual and team progress toward objectives
- Create an environment of trust that nurtures the development of others
- Leverage four coaching skills that develop self-reliance in others
- Apply the four-step coaching process that results in clear agreements and action
- Identify when coaching is needed to help others reach a higher level of performance
- Coaching Essentials is a one-day face-to-face workshop that includes compelling visuals and materials, engaging videos, and proven learning activities.
- Also included is a four-step process to help learners put their new skills into practice back at work. The program teaches managers how to identify when a coaching style will be most helpful and how to coach effectively.
- Connect – Build trust and positive relationships
- Focus – Identify topics and goals
- Activate – Collaborate to develop a plan for action
- Review – Clarify agreements and discuss accountability
- Listen to Learn
- Inquire for Insight
- Tell Your Truth
- Express Confidence
Who should attend:
Managers and individuals seeking to develop coaching skills in order to increase the effectiveness and competence of those they lead.
This course is part of the CTC Ken Blanchard Series
INSTRUCTOR: Xenia Goddard
Xenia possesses a Bachelor of Arts (Hon) in Human Communication and Psychology, an M.Ed. in Educational Psychology and an Advanced Diploma in Counselling from the University of Manchester, UK. She also possesses a PhD in Organisational Psychology from Manchester Business School. Xenia has a wide range of certificates from universities in the United States. Furthermore, she is an approved Blanchard Channel Partner which authorizes her to run training courses using the official Blanchard training materials.
CANCELLATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED IN WRITING 72 HOURS PRIOR TO THE COURSE IN ORDER TO OBTAIN A REFUND. NO SHOWS WILL BE CHARGED THE FULL AMOUNT
Parking is available in any VISITOR designated parking space.
|Event Item Name||Expires||Pricing|
|Coaching Essentials – 27 November 2020- Member||Nov 27, 2020||
|Coaching Essentials – 27 November 2020 – Future Member||Nov 27, 2020||