Basic Accounting – 10 August 2022
This course is part of the Chamber Training Centre (CTC) Workplace Essentials category.
This half-day course is designed to transform accounting into easily understood concepts. This course is for anyone who needs to gain an understanding of basic accounting as part of their job.
Topics covered include:
- Learn the difference between debits and credits for different account types
- Understand the differences in financial statement categories, such as assets, liabilities, equity, revenue and expense.
- Practice calculating prepaid amounts, month end adjustments and accruals.
- The difference between Cash Accounting and Accrual Accounting
- How to read an Income Statement and Balance Sheet
- The basics of Payroll
Lauren started her career with KPMG in London and moved to the Cayman Islands in 2008. During her time at KPMG Lauren specialised in Restructuring, including liquidations and administrations. She is a qualified Chartered Accountant (ACA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charterholder and holds the Certificate of Proficiency in Insolvency (CPI). She has over 14 years of experience in the financial services industry which includes audit, corporate finance and forensic accounting experience
Lauren now works with Berman Fisher and provides outsourced accounting, FC and CFO assistance to operating companies in Cayman as well as coaching and QBs training.
Lauren is a member of the CFA Society of the Cayman Islands, the Cayman Islands Society of Professional Accountants, 100 Women in Hedge Funds and the International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC) as well as the Institute of Chartered Accountants England & Wales (ICAEW).
Cancellations must be received in writing 72 hours prior to the course in order to obtain a refund. No shows will be charged the full amount.
Parking is available in any VISITOR designated parking space.