Flu Vaccine Now Available
The Director of Primary Health Care, Dr Samuel Williams Rodriguez, is advising the public of the arrival of this year’s flu vaccine.
Vaccines for the seasonal flu will be available at the Cayman Islands Hospital, District Health Centres in Grand Cayman, Faith Hospital Cayman Brac and Little Cayman Clinic.
The locations and times are listed below:
· The Atrium (front entrance) at the Cayman Islands Hospital from Tuesday 27th October to Friday 6th November 2020
· The General Practice Clinic at the Cayman Islands Hospital, and all District Health Centres, from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday beginning, Tuesday 27th October 2020.
· Faith Hospital in Cayman Brac – Residents of Cayman Brac should contact Faith Hospital to make arrangements.
· The Little Cayman Clinic – Residents of Little Cayman should contact the clinic to make arrangements.
The flu vaccine is FREE to all residents. No appointments are necessary; however, persons should indicate to the registration officer at the clinic that they need to have the flu shot.
“The flu vaccine is more important than ever this year with COVID-19 in circulation. It will help to reduce transmission of the flu and protect the Islands from the double threat of flu and COVID-19. Persons should take up the offer to protect themselves and others. All persons 6 months of age and older should get the flu vaccine. It is especially crucial for people at high risk of having severe flu-related complications and people who live with or care for them,” Dr Williams- Rodriguez said.
He added, “I am also pleased to announce that our Public Health Department will continue our programme of the onsite workplace vaccination initiative for companies with twenty or more employees wishing to have the vaccine. This is to minimize workplace disruption and ensure that as many persons as possible get vaccinated.”
Dr Williams- Rodriguez is encouraging employers to call as in previous years to have their staff scheduled to receive the flu vaccine. Companies interested in the programme should contact the Public Health Department at 244-2621, 244- 2889, or email email@example.com to register.
Flu shots will also be available at participating supermarkets across the Islands.
For more information, please contact:
· Public Health Clinic at 244-2889/244 2621
· The General Practice Unit at 244-2800
· Faith Hospital at 948-2243
· Little Cayman Clinic at 948-0114
· The District Health Centres
o East End 947-7440
o North Side 947-9525
o West Bay 949-3439
o Bodden Town 947-2299