Liquor Licence Applications Move Online
The Liquor Licensing Board reminds Liquor, Music and Dancing License holders of the upcoming Annual Liquor Licensing Meeting, on 13 September, 2021. The deadline to submit applications is 13 August, 2021.
The Department of Commerce and Investment (DCI) is pleased to announce that as of 9 July, 2021, persons renewing their licenses may now do so online at https://www.dci.gov.ky
Requirements to complete the online renewal application are:
- Business Reference number
- Current License number
- Credit or debit card (for payment of fees if applicable)
If seeking to obtain a new license or vary a license, this must be submitted at the Business Licensing Counter on the 1st floor of the Government Administration Building. Only renewal applications will be processed online.
Liquor Licenses renewed at the September 2020 annual session will receive a temporary reduction of the annual renewal fees for 2021, per the Liquor Licensing (Fees) (Amendment) Regulations 2020. This reduction of fees does not apply to music and dancing licenses or liquor licenses granted during the September 2020 annual session, and subsequent quarterly sessions.
License holders are reminded the below documents are not required with the renewal application:
- Police clearance certificates
- Inspections by the Planning Department
- Annual inspections of the licensed premises by the Department of Environmental Health and the Cayman Islands Fire Services. While these inspections are no longer required to apply to renew a license, the licensed premises must be inspected annually by Department of Environmental Health and the Cayman Islands Fire Services. It is the responsibility of the Licensee to have these inspections completed.
- The Board will be notified at the annual session by the relevant Departments on any premises deemed unsatisfactory during the inspection process, prior to the Board’s decision for such license to be issued.
Business owners may contact the relevant Departments directly should they have any questions relating to inspections.
Contact details are as follows:
- Department of Environmental Health – tel. 949-6696 or email email@example.com
- Cayman Islands Fire Service – The Department suggests that inspections are booked using the online Planning System (OPS) at planning.ky/ops or alternatively by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Port Authority: Vessel inspection requests and fees should be made at the Port Authority location at 45A, Seafarers Way, George Town. All queries can be directed to 949-2055 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information or queries please send an email to email@example.com or contact Mr. Steven Pennington at DCI on 244-2287.
Submitted by: Department of Commerce & Investment (DCI, CIG)