Microsoft Excel Courses
The Chamber Training Centre (CTC) offers Microsoft Excel Courses in the Workplace Essentials Category. The courses are offered at different levels of experience to insure all participants receive tailored development towards their professional journeys.
Course levels currently available are:
Microsoft Excel Beginners I: Understanding the Basics
This workshop is the first of a two-part Beginner course for persons who are new to Excel, who need to gain an understanding of how Excel works. This workshop can also help those who are familiar with Excel but want a detailed review of its powerful building blocks.
- The Excel workbook basics (rows, columns, cells)
- How to create and modify a basic worksheet
- About the Excel Ribbon (tabs, menus etc.)
- How to modify the appearance of data within a worksheet (numbers, dates, text etc.)
Microsoft Excel Beginners II: Building Beyond the Basics
This workshop is the second of a two-part Beginner course and the continuation of Microsoft Excel – Beginner I. It is for those who have a basic grasp of Excel who need to gain an understanding of how functions and formulas work and how to have a successful printout in Excel.
- Basic Excel functions and formulas (SUM, AND/OR)
- How to perform calculations in an Excel worksheet
- How to modify the worksheet view (freezing panes, hiding rows etc.)
- How to troubleshoot printing (page layout, margins, print scaling, orientation, header/footer)
Microsoft Excel Intermediate Excel I: Understanding Complex Functions and Formulas
This workshop is the first of a two-part Intermediary course and is for persons who are comfortable in Excel who need to gain an understanding of more complex functions and tools in Excel.
- How to sort and filter lists
- More Excel functions and formulas (IF, AVERAGE)
- How to handle ranges in formulas
- About creating and modifying charts
- How to secure the workbook
Microsoft Excel Intermediate Excel II: Applying Complex Functions and Data Tools
This workshop is the second of a two-part Intermediary course and the continuation of Microsoft Excel – Intermediate I. It is for persons who are comfortable in Excel, who need to gain an understanding of more complex functions and tools in Excel.
- How to use conditional formatting and styles
- Even more Excel formulas and functions (CONCATENATE, UPPER, LOWER, TRIM, LEFT, RIGHT)
- How to working with tables
- Useful Excel data tools
- How to convert text to columns
- About importing to and exporting from Excel and Word
Other MS Excel course levels pending.