Public Consultation Meetings on Food & Nutrition Security Policy
The Ministry of Agriculture will host a series of public consultation meetings across Grand Cayman and the Sister Islands to discuss and invite input in the draft Cayman Islands Food and Nutrition Security Policy, starting Monday, October 17.
The draft policy, which was prepared by the Ministry of Agriculture with assistance from the Caribbean Agricultural Research and Development Institute and other stakeholders, presents holistic approaches in making the Cayman Islands a food and nutrition secure country.
The schedule of meetings will be as follows:
- Monday October 17, North Side Civic Centre, 7:00-8:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 19, Bodden Town Primary School, 7:00-8:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 26, John A Cumber Primary School (West Bay), 7:00-8:30 p.m.
- Thursday, October 27, Seafarers’ Meeting Hall (Prospect), 6:00-7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, November 3, Little Cayman Beach Resort (Little Cayman), 3:00-4:30 p.m.
- Friday, November 4, Ashton Rutty Civic Centre (Cayman Brac), 7:00-8:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 15, East End Civic Centre, 7:00-8:30 p.m.
A consultation session will also be hosted for members of the Cayman Islands Chamber of Commerce at its offices at Governor Square, West Bay Road on Thursday, November 10, 3:00 p.m.
Members of the public can view the draft policy and provide comments via https://www.gov.ky/pahi/national-food-policy.