Public Health Offers COVID-19 Guidance for Halloween Activities
The Public Health Department is offering the following COVID-19 prevention tips to ensure that children of all ages can safely enjoy Halloween activities over the coming week:
- Stay home if you might be sick. If any of your family members are feeling sick or think you may have been exposed to the coronavirus, please stay home and quarantine!
- Avoid large groups or crowded situations.
- Trick-or-treaters should regularly sanitize their hands and wear face masks. Costume masks are not a substitute and should not be worn in conjunction with another face covering. Instead, consider using a Halloween-themed cloth mask.
- Use tongs to remove the candy from the bowl and drop it into each trick-or-treater’s bag.
- Limit the houses you visit. Just go to a few homes on your street, or visit a few friends you know well.
- Social distance. Leave lots of space between any other trick-or-treaters.
- Take precautions while prepping goody bags. Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after prepping bags.
- Practice good hand hygiene. Remember to have kids use hand sanitiser in between homes to further reduce risk.
- Wash your hands and your child’s hands once you return home.
- Wipe down candy wrappers with a disinfectant wipe before your child eats anything. Don’t wipe the candy itself; that would be dangerous.
- Throw away any candy that isn’t individually wrapped.
For more information to help you cope with COVID-19 in the community, contact the Public Health Department on 244-2632 or visit www.exploregov.ky/coronavirus-resources
If you have flu symptoms contact the Flu Hotline on tel. 1-800-534-8600, tel. 345-947-3077 or email. firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitted by: Public Health Department (CIG)