Public Holidays for 2022 Confirmed
The Deputy Governor’s Office has confirmed the official Public Holidays for 2022, including an extra holiday for The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
To celebrate the Platinum Jubilee in the Cayman Islands, a four-day long weekend has now been gazetted. This includes the public holiday on Friday, 3 June for Her Majesty’s historic Platinum Jubilee of accession to the throne.
The Friday will celebrate the 70th anniversary of the Queen’s accession to the throne and further enshrine her place in history as the longest reigning British monarch. This is a title she has held since 9 September 2015, when she overtook the record set by her great-great-grandmother Queen Victoria.
The Friday holiday will be followed by the Queen’s Birthday public holiday on Monday, 6 June, which will be brought forward by a week in 2022.
Also next year, New Year’s Day will fall on a Saturday, resulting in a public holiday on Monday, 3 January, and a long holiday weekend.
Additionally, Christmas which falls on a Sunday, will be observed as a public holiday on Monday, 26 December, which will result in the Boxing Day public holiday being observed on Tuesday, 27 December.
The 2022 public holidays are:
- Monday, 3 January – New Year’s Day observed
- Monday, 24 January – National Heroes Day
- Wednesday, 2 March – Ash Wednesday
- Friday, 15 April – Good Friday
- Monday, 18 April – Easter Monday
- Monday, 16 May – Discovery Day
- Friday, 3 June – Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- Monday, 6 June – Queen’s Birthday
- Monday, 4 July – Constitution Day
- Monday, 14 November – Remembrance Day
- Monday, 26 December – Christmas Day observed
- Tuesday, 27 December – Boxing Day observed.
(The full official list of 2022 public holidays is also attached as a PDF to this release.)
Also, the Public Holidays (No.2) Order, 2021 which amends the Public Holidays Act
(2007 Revision) can be viewed at http://gazettes.gov.ky/portal/pls/portal/docs/1/13126576.PDF.
Issued by: Cayman Islands Government (CIG)