Reduced COVID-19 Isolation Period for Vaccinated & Unvaccinated Persons
Public Health Department has announced that isolation/quarantine requirements have been reduced for positive COVID-19 persons and their contacts, effective Wednesday January 19, 2022.
The new requirements are as follows:
- Vaccinated persons will isolate for 6 days and become eligible for an exit PCR test on Day 7
- Unvaccinated persons will isolate for 9 days and become eligible for an exit PCR test on Day 10
COVID-19 positives persons and their unvaccinated (18+) household members currently in isolation/quarantine whom are eligible for early release based, should attend a special drive through testing clinic at Truman Bodden Sports Complex parking lot (opposite John Gray High School walking track) on Wednesday 19 January & Thursday 20 January 2022.
- 7am – 8am – Surname A – D
- 8am – 9am – Surname E – K
- 9am – 10am – Surname L – R
- 10am – 11am – Surname S – Z
Please wear a facemask and bring government photo ID showing date of birth.
After testing, persons need to return directly home without making stops, until your PCR test results have been received with further instructions. Public Health aims to have these early release exit tests resulted within 48 hours.
“I welcome the introduction of these reduced isolation periods as announced by Public Health,” shared Hon Sabrina Turner, Minister of Health & Wellness. “We understand the difficulties many families have faced because of the COVID-19 restrictions. Currently, we know that there is a large number of persons in isolation and quarantine and this new policy will allow many of them to rejoin the community sooner and safely.”
Daily exit PCR testing clinics for COVID-19 positives individuals will continue 10am – 12pm Friday 21 January at the following locations:
- Ed Bush Sports Complex
- Bodden Town Civic Centre
- South Sound Community Centre
“The continuous evolution of the COVID-19 pandemic requires us to consistently assess how we manage the spread of the virus, while ensuring continuity for our economy”, said interim Chief Medical Officer Dr. Autilia Newton. “This change to the isolation and quarantine requirements is a step towards us improving the management of COVID-19 to best suit the needs of the Cayman community.”
- Fully vaccinated persons who test positive for COVID-19 must isolate for 6 days, with a negative PCR test required on day 7 to exit isolation.
- Vaccinated persons who are primary contacts of COVID-19 positive persons must conduct daily lateral flow testing for 7 days, but may continue usual activities
- Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated persons who test positive for COVID-19 must isolate for 9 days, with a negative PCR test required on day 10 to exit isolation.
- Unvaccinated persons in the household of a positive must quarantine for 10 days.
- If a primary contact is a negative, unvaccinated child (under 18 years of age), they should conduct daily lateral flow tests (LFT) for 7 days. They can attend school if daily LFT results continue to be negative
Issued by: Health Services Authority (HSA)