Vaccination Challenge Event
This Saturday, 8 May from 10am to 12pm, Hon. Premier Wayne Panton and Cabinet Ministers including Minister of Tourism & Transport Hon. Kenneth Bryan and Minister of Health & Wellness Hon. Sabrina Turner, will be at the Owen Roberts International Airport to meet and greet residents coming to get vaccinated ahead of the 9 June deadline for first doses.
Mr. Bryan will be getting vaccinated for the first time at 10:00am and has invited his constituents and all residents to join him in this Vaccination Challenge to get as many people as possible vaccinated against COVID-19 ahead of the 30 June expiry date of local vaccine stocks.
A prize draw for anyone being vaccinated between 8 May and 9 June was announced on Wednesday 5 May at a Government Press Briefing, and offers prizes including Cayman Airways airline tickets, staycations, and more.
The ORIA COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic is open on Saturday, 8 May from 9am to 12pm and from 1:30pm to 5pm.
COVID-19 vaccination clinic reminders:
- Pfizer COVID vaccine is available to ALL persons 16 years and over (parental consent required for 16 & 17 year olds).
- Photo ID showing date of birth is still required, however, persons no longer need to provide identification to demonstrate they are an ordinarily and legally resident
- When receiving your 2nd dose, you MUST also bring along your vaccination card reflecting your 1st dose.
- Do not laminate your vaccination card at any time. (If you have already done so, please bring your vaccination card to the ORIA Vaccination Clinic along with your photo ID.)
- Park in the long-term parking lot.
- Do not bring children, when possible.
- No pets allowed at the vaccination clinic.
- Facemasks required.
- Persons 60 years and older will be given priority.
For the most up to date vaccination schedule visit https://hsa.ky/public-health/coronavirus/